We need avoid Using the Wrong Type of Casters Wheels
Any business knows that a workplace injury can often be disastrous. Businesses that require using heavy duty caster wheels for day to day operations understand that using the wrong wheel could lead to employees being injured or production coming to a grinding halt.
1. Gurneys and hospital beds are some of the most commonly used pieces of equipment in the entire medical field. These are more often than not on caster wheels, and these caster wheels must support a patient and keep him or her safe during transport. Without the right caster wheels designed to absorb shock,one single bump could paralyze a patient who has been seriously injured in an accident.
2. A lack of ergonomics in equipment -including casters – leads to the number one injury in the workplace : overexertion.Employees who suffer from overexertion injuries often work too hard to move or stop loads,leading to significant injury.For this reason,it is vital to choose casters designed to reduce exertion force,or to choose drive casters that allow for controlled movement
3. Caster wheels that are incorrect for the floor surface can pose risk of serious injury . Hard floor surfaces require soft wheel casters to prevent dangerously rapid movement while a user is seated or rolling away,when a user rises ,or when a user bumps into an empty chair causing in to move out from under the user. Muscle strain can also result due to the users effort to keep the chair in place.
4.Using the wrong casters can cause serious injury should the caster fail. And if the casters are not ergonomic, it increases the amount of force needed to push the load. This alone can increase overexertion injuries.
5.The wrong size could prove catastrophic first and foremost,it’s absolutely crucial to ensure that the caster wheels you have chosen are sufficient enough to handle the potential weight of the load they will support. Overloading casters can lead to failure, and depending on the size of the load,it could result in a mess that halts production and requires significant cleanup efforts,In the worse-case scenario,such as failure could cause injury to employees,and it may even prove fatal.
6. Caster wheels that aren’t ergonomic or that aren’t designed to support the tremendous weight can cause overexertion,strains,and lack of productivity.
7. Some of the most serious work related injuries are sprains and strains. These typically evolve from employees struggling to push and pull carts within the facility. These can be difficult to move for a number of reasons. The most common is the wrong casters was chosen for the application of the current casters are worn and need replaced